Click here to support our journey to Guatemala!
Did you know that for every home that Habitat renovates in Washtenaw County, we sponsor one abroad? That means that your support not only helps families right here in our community, but also families and children around the world. Since our founding in 1989, we have provided over $500,000 in international support, and have built over 130 houses abroad, including 30 in Haiti and 35 in Guatemala, two of our focus countries.
Over the past five years, we have partnered with the Habitat Guatemala affiliate in Quetzaltenango (Xela or Shay-la for short) to help families improve their lives and their community. Similar to how we focus our efforts in targeted neighborhoods here in Washtenaw County, we have been working with one area outside Xela called Cantel. The impact has been clear to see – more families now live in safe, sanitary dwellings and the whole community is becoming revitalized due to this work.
Every February, volunteers from Ann Arbor travel to Xela and spend more than a week working side by side with the partner families to build simple concrete block homes. In February 2016, 11 of these volunteers journeyed to this city to build homes for two families. Click here to learn more about our 4th annual trip to Guatemala! Click here to meet the families from 2015!
In 2017, another group of local Habitat staff and supporters will travel back to Guatemala to continue this important work. Click here to donate towards this journey.
The ReStore is More than Just a Place to Shop
The ReStore is your place to:
1. Give back to the community by volunteering. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kyle Thornhill fordetails at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Reuse items by donating your gently used items
3. Find low prices on merchandise for you and your home
The ReStore opened its doors to the public in October 2010. We are owned and operated by our affiliate Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley. 100% of our net profits are returned to our affiliate and are used to build homes for people of low income in Washtenaw County.
Everyone is Welcome!
The ReStore is open to the public seven days a week. We carry a variety of items including furniture, tools, appliances, windows, doors, cabinets, housewares, flooring, tile, garden supplies, paint, plumbing and lots more! 85% of the inventory in the ReStore is donated from residents and businesses who live in Washtenaw County. Each time you make a purchase, donate or volunteer you help us to fulfill our mission to provide homes for people in Washtenaw County of low income.
Women Build is an opportunity for women to take a proactive step in serving our communities. It provides an experience for women to empower other women and their families. It’s for women who want to learn how to build. Who want to make a difference in the life of a local woman.
Join us for one day during National Women Build Week, May 12 – 14 and help us build strength, stability and independence for a future Habitat homeowner.
Build with Us!
- Donate $100 toward material for the house
- Spend a day volunteering with us on our Women Build House. Click here to sign up!
- Help build the future of another woman!
- Work days begin at 9 a.m. and end at 4 p.m.
- No skills required
- All tools provided
- Sign-up to volunteer as an individual or bring your best girl friends. Contact Leah Borst at email@example.com or click here to sign up
Sponsor the Build
- Become a partner of our 2017 Women Build effort and sponsor a work day
- Add your name/logo to our Women Build T-shirts
- Opportunity to have a team of 8-12 volunteers on our Women Build house
- Opportunities range from $5,000 – $500
Become a fundraiser!
Click here to become a fundraiser for Women Build. You can set your own goal and create your own page. Help us reach our goal by reaching out within your own network!
Donate – No time to volunteer? Be a part of the team by making a donation to support the 2017 Women Build Team.