Development associate, media marketing and special events
Time Commitment: full time 40 hrs/wk
Description: Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley (HHHV) is a dynamic, progressive nonprofit organization that works to provide affordable homeownership opportunities to low-income individuals and families in Washtenaw County.
HHHV seeks an enthusiastic, organized, and self-motivated individual who can enhance our brand and build strong online communities through our various social media platforms and serve as the lead for planning, revenue generation, production and sponsorship of our special events.
Position Term & Schedule: Development Associate, Media Marketing and Special Events position is a full-time, hourly position, averaging 40 hours per week, starting immediately. Work schedule will primarily be weekdays 9:00a – 5:00p, with occasional evening and weekend hours required. This position will be housed in the HHHV office in Ann Arbor, MI. Salary range $38k-$45k, depending on experience.
Development Associate, Media Marketing and Special Events will be responsible for developing and administering social media content that is designed to engage users, create an interactive relationship and builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action. The successful candidate will also be required to build media relationships and coordinate media outreach. Events include a spring auction event, a fall breakfast event and the management of 3rd party events. The position deals with a wide range of responsibilities that include: seeking & securing sponsorships, creating event programs, communicating with event attendees & corporate donors, marketing, contracting vendors, coordinating event logistics, timelines and tasks as necessary for event production.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· Proven work experience in marketing
· Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
· Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) and develop a digital marketing presence
· Design, create and manage promotions and digital marketing campaigns
· Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge; be required to collect and review social media data to develop more effective campaigns
· Adequate knowledge of web design and web development
· Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
· Ability to create and distribute press releases
· Proven track record of generating revenue from events
· Budget management and negotiation skills
· Ability to accomplish projects independently
· Outgoing personality, patient and understanding, ability to adapt quickly to changes
· Well organized and able to manage different tasks
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to quickly learn new database systems
· Responsible with details and follow through
· Excellent oral and written communication – Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate in a professional manner with Habitat donors, vendors, event attendees
· Enthusiasm for the mission of Habitat for Humanity
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume and cover letter to Laura Town, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 19, 2018. Candidates should save resume and cover letter as follows: LastName_FirstName. No phone calls, please.