Homebuyer Services coordinator
Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley (HHHV) is a dynamic, progressive nonprofit organization that works to provide affordable home ownership opportunities for low‐income families in Washtenaw County.
We are seeking a detail‐oriented, mission-driven Homebuyer Services Coordinator to join our team. The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will be to provide guidance and support to our home buyers and ensure they complete all requirements of our homeownership program. The Homebuyer Services Coordinator will balance the needs of our community partners, our internal processes, and our homebuyers. This position will be a part of our Home Ownership and Grants team.
Position Term & Schedule
The Homebuyer Services Coordinator is a full-time, hourly position, starting immediately. The position will be housed in the HHHV office currently located at 2805 S. Industrial Hwy. Ann Arbor, MI. The work schedule will vary with some evenings and weekends required. HHHV offers a competitive salary of $40,000 - $50,000, a health care insurance plan, health savings account, 401(k) plan, and a generous paid time off schedule.
· Orient and educate newly approved home buyers about HHHV’s home ownership program sweat equity, education and other requirements.
· Coordinate with homebuyers, construction team, and home ownership program staff to ensure program requirements are completed and documented.
· Ensure collection of documents required by grantors and HHHV.
· Provide support and encouragement to homebuyers to keep them on track to complete program requirements in a timely manner.
· Prepare buyers for the home closing process, once program requirements are complete.
· Attends and participates in a variety of events including staff and department meetings.
· Assist other home ownership program and grants staff with other projects as necessary, such as homebuyer recruitment and grants compliance.
· 3-5 years or more progressively responsible relevant experience
· Familiarity with personal finance, homeowner and financial education best practices
· Familiarity with non-profit industry practices and professional standards.
· Commitment to serving families with low-incomes and advancing the critical call for affordable homeownership in Washtenaw County.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
· Ability to work very well independently, able to manage multiple detail-oriented tasks, meet deadlines, change priorities and adjust schedules as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent life experience
· Ability to work under pressure to handle frequent changes, delays, and/or unexpected events.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Knowledge of construction field a plus.
Email resume and cover letter to Sarah Stanton, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 18, 2019. Candidates should save resume and cover letter as follows: LastName_FirstName. No phone calls, please.
Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, weight, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.