Senior Construction Manager
Habitat for Humanity Huron Valley (HHHV) is a dynamic, progressive nonprofit organization that works to provide affordable homeownership opportunities for low‐income families in Washtenaw County.
We are seeking a motivated, mission‐oriented, and energetic Senior Construction Manager to join our team in a dual role. The organization requires an experienced construction manager and licensed builder to provide support and guidance to the Habitat Construction Manager, and also coordinate various crew leaders overseeing numerous renovation and new construction activities. The successful candidate will provide support and information to senior management related to overall construction operations and strategic planning.
Position Term & Schedule
The Senior Construction Manager is a full-time, salaried position, starting immediately. The position will be housed in the HHHV office currently located at 2805 S. Industrial Ann Arbor, MI. The work schedule will vary with some evenings and weekends required. HHHV offers a competitive salary based on experience, health care insurance plan, Health Savings Account, 401(k) plan, and a generous paid time off schedule.
· The Manager will oversee multiple projects simultaneously, perform regular job-site visits, ensuring that projects are on-schedule and all safety regulations are being followed.
· Suggest potential advantageous building practices and material cost-savings opportunities to Senior Habitat management.
· Evaluate and implement good safety practices and constantly stress same with house leaders, crew leaders, volunteers and partner families.
· Maintain and enhance elements that contribute to a successful volunteer experience and ensure that the volunteer experience is safe, positive and productive.
· Supervise and/or complete homeowner warranty repairs as needed.
· Act as construction superintendent on projects and schedule work of multiple subcontractors.
· Bid out work to contractors and suppliers based on Habitat bid policy.
· Identify and recommend contractors and vendors for construction projects.
· Assure the timely completion of projects within allocated budgets.
· Prepare construction project estimates and schedules in concert with Habitat senior leadership.
· Monitor and inspect all construction and renovation project activity to assure compliance to specifications and schedules.
· Develop and implement construction site safety policy and implement and train safety precautions across the organization.
· Identify and seek opportunities for gift in kind donations from contractors and suppliers.
· Attend and participate in a variety of events including staff and department meetings.
Project Manager with valid Michigan builder’s license, or ability to obtain one within 90 days.
Associate’s degree in Construction Management or equivalent education and experience.
Minimum of ten years construction supervision experience.
Working knowledge of residential building, fire and safety codes.
Must understand the big picture of Habitat for Humanity and know that construction is one piece of a larger goal.
Commitment to serving families with low-incomes and advancing the critical call for affordable homeownership in Washtenaw County.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with staff, community partners, and diverse community members and occasionally handle difficult situations and conflicts with finesse.
Ability to work well independently, able to manage multiple detail-oriented tasks, meet deadlines, change priorities and adjust schedules as needed.
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Ability to work under pressure to handle frequent change, delays, and/or unexpected events.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise initiative.
Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday May 17, 2019. Candidates should save resume and cover letter as follows: LastName_FirstName. No phone calls, please.
Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, weight, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.